Home

April 15, 2010

April eDesign

Here it is! My eDesign for this lovely month of April. This design hits close to home for me as this is my design for the Master Bathroom in my home. I want a very neutral scheme, something that can accommodate a change in accent color without modifiying any of the fixed elements. I'm thinking bright yellow or deep turquoise with graphite for the accent colors and a neutral wall color, perhaps a very pale ivory to make the white elements pop.


1. Godmorgon Vanity and Brakiven vanity top from IKEA

2. Price Pfister Vega 4" Single Control Centerset Faucets from Bed, Bath & Beyond

3. Kaska Turkish Wood Grain Ceramic Floor Tile - Northwest Series from Build Direct

4. Jonathan Adler Parker Collection Nickel Pendant Light from Lamps Plus

5. Sparkle Chrome 6" wide Crystal Bathroom Light from Lamps Plus

6. Slow closing toilet seat from Home Depot

7. White Metro beveled subway wall tile from Tile Shop.com

8. Basketweave Honed Contempo White Stone tile from Daltile

My master bathroom is rather small however two elements make it appear larger than it really is; 1) the ceiling is vaulted on an angle and 2) there is an extra two feet (2') at the foot of the tub, accommodating a seat in the shower.

Currently, there is knockdown drywall texture on the walls which, will be replaced with a slick finish. The floor tiles are a ceramic mexican with large grout joints. Wood grain ceramic floor tiles will replace the existing tiles.

I have always envisioned a double sink in this space but since space is at a premium I have to get creative. I really like the double-ish sink offered by Ikea. It features a single vessel that is twice as wide as a standard bowl with accommodations for two faucets. My favorite part about the vanity are the two large drawers, which will bring things out and forward. Being short on storage I find that easy access to everything in a vanity is imparative.

As far as wall tile are concerned, I am thinking of removing one row of the existing tile in the shower and replacing it with a few rows of beveled edge subway tiles. I plan on placing the basketweave stone tiles as a backsplash to the vanity.

Here is a mirror I am considering, I think the reflection of the contemporary light fixture would be beautiful. From zGallerie

0 comments:

Post a Comment